CAAGS has no paid staff, and is therefore handled entirely by volunteers. There are many opportunities available, from active involvement to a few times/hours per year. Volunteering allows you to meet and network with others who share your passion for family history research and genealogy.
Whether you can volunteer on a regular basis or just on certain projects, CAAGS has a place for you! Please check the list of activities below. If you see a place where you can serve, please contact our Membership Chair at email@example.com.
- Program Planning – Identifying areas of interest and speakers for general meetings and/or special programs, workshops, etc.
- General Office Work – Assisting Officers with organizing CAAGS records, files
- Assisting with fundraising events/activities
- Writing for publication, i.e., writing book reviews and articles for CAAGS Heritage Newsletter
- Publicity/Advertising – Helping to create press releases, promote events and contact the media
- Hospitality – Meeting and event greeters, refreshments, decorations