Welcome to the web site for the California African American Genealogical Society (CAAGS). Take a look. See where we have been, how we are inspired, learn more about the Society today and consider becoming a member.
Membership in CAAGS is open to any individual or organization that subscribes to the Society’s mission and objectives (described under About CAAGS). The official membership year runs from January 1 through December 31. Individuals may join at any time, however, we encourage you to begin the process as early as possible.
The Membership Chair will process your application and get you into the system so that you may start reaping the benefits of membership right away.
CAAGS CELEBRATES JUNETEENTH
MEMBER MONTHLY VIRTUAL MEETING UPDATES:
Saturday, June 19, 2021 | 10:00 A.M.
“A SHARED LEGACY: The African Presence in Mexico”
Alva Stevenson, Guest Speaker
**Zoom invitations and agenda emailed to CAAGS Members**
2021 Writers Group Meetings
June 10. 2021 | 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Zoom invitations and agenda emailed to CAAGS Members
DNA SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP MEETING (Quarterly)
(Meetings Cancelled Until Further Notice)
2021 Meeting Schedule – TBD
- FREE WEBINARS-LEGACY FAMILY TREE
- National Archives Hosts Genealogy Series in May & June
- Jamboree Registration
- June 4-5, 2021 – Genetic Genealogy Conference
- June 7, 2021 – SCGS JamboFree, African American Research
- June 11 – 12, 2021 – Jamboree 2021
- LUNCH AND LEARN – SCGS and Family Research Library, Saturday, October 9, 2021 | 1:00pm-2:30pm-PST | See Details