Whether you can volunteer on a regular basis or just on certain projects, CAAGS has a place for you! Please check the list of activities below. If you see a place where you can serve, please contact our Membership Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CAAGS offers a variety of programs and many volunteer opportunities. Activities are led by CAAGS’ Officers and by volunteers.
- Program Planning – Identifying areas of interest and speakers for general meetings and/or special programs, workshops, etc.
- General Office Work – Assisting Officers with organizing CAAGS records, files
- Assisting with fundraising events/activities
- Writing for publication, i.e., writing book reviews and articles for CAAGS Heritage Newsletter
- Publicity/Advertising – Helping to create press releases, promote events and contact the media
- Hospitality – Meeting and event greeters, refreshments, decorations
Book Sales and Acquisitions
Publications pertaining to genealogy planning, research and general interest are selected , acquired and made available for sale to members and the general public.
A Committee or an individual is responsible for developing and releasing press rele, and for serving as a media spokesperson for the society.
Fundraising activities/events are proposed by CAAGS Members and are implemented as approved by the Society. Activities have included the development and sale of a cookbook and “Stay-At-Home Tea.”
The Librarian serves as custodian of the permanent archives of the Society and receives all materials of a genealogical nature presented to the Society.
The Heritage Newsletter is published by the Newsletter Editor ten (10) months per year. It is provided to all Members via email without charge or for a nominal fee if mailed. The months of June/July and August/September are published as combined Newsletters.